Women Health for Website
Women’s Health Physiotherapy @ Carbery Chartered Physiotherapy
Women’s Health is a specific area of physiotherapy focusing on the treatment and management of women’s health issues. A Chartered Physiotherapist specialising in Women’s Health will have undergone further specialist training in management bladder, bowel and pelvic floor conditions.
The following are examples of common problems or conditions than are treated by a specialist Women’s Health physiotherapist.
- Stress incontinence
- Urge incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Pregnancy& Postnatal
- Ante Natal Education and Birth Preparation
- Advice on safe exercises during pregnancy and beyond
- Treatment and management of Pelvic Girdle Pain PGP including Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction SPD
- Low back pain/ rib pain/ thoracic pain
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Mummy Mot postnatal assessment screening of pelvic floor, abdominals, posture and alignment and bespoke treatment programme depending on findings.
- Holistic C-Section recovery and scar tissue management
- Holistic Diastasis Rectus Abdominus recovery programme
Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Dyspareunia ( sexual dysfunction)
- Chronic Pelvic pain
Advice regarding Pelvic Floor Exercises for
- During Pregnancy
- Post Natal
Treatment for Pelvic Girdle Pain
Treatment for Mild Bladder Dysfunction.
The Mummy Mot is a relaxed professional screening and treatment service by a Specialist Post Natal Physiotherapist. It is recommended for all Women post childbirth to assess pelvic floor and tummy for any potential problems.
Most women after having a baby have weakness in either tummy or pelvic floor which creates instability and poor core strength. This can result in back pain, pelvic pain, bladder &bowel weakness.
The Mummy Mot is a:
- 1 hour post natal assessment with Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist
- Ideally at 6 weeks after birth of baby & beyond!
- Checks pelvic floor strength, tummy gap, posture, breathing
- Assesses any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth – vaginal or Caesarian birth
- Based on findings a bespoke post natal recovery programme looking at posture, breathing and core activation will be discussed with you.
The Mummy Mot is perfect for you if you have any concerns about your body after giving birth, if you have pelvic pain, back pain, C-section /episiotomy scar soreness, problems with incontinence, unsure if you have a gap in your tummy muscles or worried that you still look pregnant months after
It’s never too late….once postpartum always postpartum!
Contact us at Carbery Chartered Physiotherapy -0868049526
For your Mummy MOT with our Women’s Health Chartered Physiotherapist Sinead Tracey.